Thursday, 6 November 2008

Living in a Shoe Box

The house was valued yesterday. It left me totally depressed. I think we have decided to rent it out for at least 6 months and see if the housing market has improved in that time. The valuation wasn't good, but it wasn't that bad either. If we sold it this time last year, we could have got £40K more then now. That is quite significant AND we wouldn't be buying in Australia straight away anyway as we need to settle and then find the right location and the right house. So, we will sit tight.....for now!

This doesn't change our moving to Australia plans at all. In fact, we are one step closer to the visa getting approved, hopefully. Alastair had his chest x ray and medical yesterday so the only thing left to do is the phone interview which has not been arranged yet.

After the depressing house news, I paid a visit to the local toy shop which sells the most gorgeous wooden toys and for a really reasonable price. The shop owner was telling me about operation christmas child which you can read about here. It made me realise that things for us aren't that bad and there are people a lot worse off then us. So, I have been inspired to do my own little shoe box for someone. I would like to encourage you all to do the same. Unfortunately, I think the Australian's have missed the drop off date but maybe you could all do it next year.

No comments: