Wednesday, 16 December 2009

19 Weeks

What a week this has been and right before Christmas. It couldn't be any worse really for timing. However, all is good on the baby and mummy front.

I had my diabetes test last week which involved following a special diet for 3 days and then fasting for 9 hours. That morning, I had to fight with the peak hour traffic to get to the hospital as early as possible which included dropping Oliver off at my sisters on the way. I got there just after 9am. *please hope I don't go into labour at that time of the day*. So, I had a blood test, the drank every single drop of a 300ml glucose drink then sit and wait for an hour. Another blood test and another one hour wait and then another blood test, I was then allowed to go and eat. Thank god!

No news is good news, right? So, I am guessing they can cross that off their list of why I had a big baby last time. Apparently mothers with big babies could have diabetes.

Today I had my 19 week ultra sound. I have no good pictures of the baby but he / she looks more like a skeleton then anything anyway. We did have to go away and have a coffee as the baby was sound asleep and wouldn't budge (that will all change when he / she is born, I am safe in saying if Oliver is anything to go by). Finally, they got a good look at the babys heart and everything else and was given the all clear.

Next appointment is 9th January.



And my new hair cut.



4 comments:

Penelope said...

You look fantastic - I love your new hair and that colour suits you beautifully!!

Glad to hear baby is doing well and I can't believe you are half way already.

I went into labour in peak hour on a Monday morning with Luca. Disaster!!!!

Seriously we have to catch up - it's getting ridiculous. When Jen gets sorted with her 3rd we are going to catch up at her house so hopefully in January sometime.

Amy said...

Oh my gosh - I love your new haircut!! You are looking so beautiful.

Hope you can relax and enjoy Christmas now
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Simone you've got the 'glow'. You look lovely and tanned and the haircut really suits you.

Liam was a big baby and I had the test as well. All turned out ok. I'm sure everything will be fine with you. How exciting to see the little bub on the screen x

Unknown said...

Wow you are looking fabulous. You have that pregnancy glow which is pretty impressive having a toddler also.

Love the hair cut