Thursday, 23 October 2008

Drowning Not Floating

After my last post on Sunday evening, I went to bed.....without saying good night to Alastair. We never do that, in the whole 8 years we have been together, we have never gone to bed without resolving what needed to be resolved. I didn't intend to fall asleep but from all my sooking and crying, I must have been drained. After some more discussions on Monday evening, we have decided to get the house valued and go from there. I don't think it will be very successful, I think the property market has crashed out more then I anticipated after speaking to a neighbour who recently had her place valued. I could have cried there and then.

We should never bought this place, we are in too deep and my heart has not been in to decorating it. I just haven't been entirely inspired. Since we only moved in 4 days before Oliver arrived, I think I made too many rash decisions regarding paint and flooring just to get it liveable for us to bring a newborn baby back to.

I do love doing property up and really enjoyed doing our previous property to this. We made quite a bit of money from the sale but it just went pouring back into this property and now, property has nose dived. Even the lettings market has taken a downward spiral so we are in a lose lose situation.

Should we just bite the bullet, and sell now? Count our chickens, run back to Australia and buy property there? We would have quite a good deposit. Or should we sit back and throw more money into this blasted property, rent in Australia and wait for the market to go back up?

We will get the place valued over the next 2 weeks and make a decision from there. We just have a few cosmetic things to do and then I will show you snaps of before and after shots but until then, you can check out the before and after photos of our flat that we owned just up the road from this one. To still live there.....life was simpler then.....but we didn't have the gorgeous Oliver there.


Before Photo of the Main Bedroom


After Photo of the Bedroom


Before Photo of the 2nd Bedroom

After Photo of the 2nd Bedroom

After Photo of the Bathroom

Before Shots of the Kitchen


After Photo of the Kitchen

Before Photo of the Lounge Room

After Photo of the Lounge Room

We didn't do a lot of work to the place, new kitchen and new bathroom. The rest was a quick splash of paint, new curtains in all rooms and flooring throughout. We hardly spent any money but did make quite a bit in the 4 years that we owned it. The before shots are all when the previous owners lived there.

3 comments:

Chantelle {fat mum slim} said...

I'm sorry to hear things are stressful. It's a shame the market has gone down now.

I am hoping they value your property highly and you can get over here ASAP. x

Girly-Girl said...

I'm glad you guys repainted the kitchen "artwork"...oh my lord!

I hope things look up for you guys....off to read your post with the heading 'fock, fock, fock'. Doesn't sound to good!

G.xx

Anonymous said...

Ooooh... wow u did great work ~ my fave is the loungeroom makeover nice...