Friday, 19 March 2010

Beached Whale


When I was in high school I had to write a piece about a whale. It didn't matter what the story was about, it just had to include a whale. I wrote about a beached whale. I was the beached whale in my creative writing piece. I am that beached whale now. I roll out of bed at stupid o'clock to do my first or second toilet stop and it takes me about 10 minutes to move so it doesn't hurt. Then it takes me another 10 minutes to straighten up and get my pelvis organised before I can walk. At times, I feel like it is going to fall out. Oh the pain. I am spending a lot of time lately watching Oliver in the comfort of a chair.
I do try to keep him as entertained as possible as the poor guy is very sensitive at the moment. Today was out first full day at home in ages and I think he enjoyed himself. I think he got every kitchen utensil out of the cupboards and into the backyard to do some water play. Oh the fun and joy. It amused him for hours so I didn't mind as I managed to get myself doing a bit of 'nesting'. But God, I feel it now. Nesting is a new concept to me. I did not nest at all with Oliver. Instead, we moved house. Babies clothes are now laundered and put away and the house is nice and tidy {well almost}.
I am over 32 weeks pregnant now and feel every little bit of it. Is it a girl or a boy? That is the question and would probably resolve a lot of fighting over names.

No comments: