Saturday, 7 February 2009

More Snow






What a nightmare. Wimborne was just hit by a snow storm which went for about 2 hours. Typically, I was out and about and had driven up a hill. How was I to get back? I drove very slowly but god I was scared for Oliver's life especially when he started trying to get out of his car seat which had to be at the most inconvenient time, when I was just about to go down a hill. What do I do? Do I stop and get out of the car to strap him in tighter and hope the car doesn't start to slide / roll away on the snow or do I keep going and pray I don't crash?

I stopped, put the hand brake on as tight as I could and hoped it was enough. I jumped out of the car as quick as I could, strapped him back in and then went on my way. Got towards the bottom of the hill and saw someone else get out of their car which did start to slide away. Then, when I got down to where that car was, I started to slide. SHIT! I started to panic and wonder whether I was going to get Oliver home safe and sound. He was oblivious to all of this and was playing happily ripping out pages in his most favourite book! At that point I wasn't concerned. I just wanted us to get home.

It came on all of a sudden, without warning. The councils have run out of salt to grit the roads so they are all icy and dangerous. I live on a main road, which is at a stand still.

We live to tell the tale. We got home. We are moving out this weekend, Monday and Tuesday. Please let the weather improve! Please don't snow me in.

4 comments:

Penelope said...

Ooooh I'd love to be in the middle of snow storm - although preferably tucked up in my own house in front of an open fire - not on the roads!!

I would much prefer the weather you have right now to what we are in for today and tomorrow!!!

Kahlee said...

Oh Simone, that sounds so terrifying! I'm so glad you made it home with Oliver safe and sound! xoxo

Amy said...

far out Simone - how scary :(

So glad you got home safe and sound. Heres hoping the moving days are better!

xoxo

Chantelle {fat mum slim} said...

I tagged you today. :)

http://fatmumslim.blogspot.com/2009/02/blog-spots.html