Friday, 13 February 2009

Moving Update

Our house is completely empty now. Our furniture has gone, everything has gone. We sold alot, we are storing some, we threw some and some is coming HOME!

It has been a completely stressful and emotional week. I had to say goodbye to my great friends. Who knows when I will see them again, but one thing is for sure, we will see each other again. Oliver has been extra clingy, whingy and wanting lots of cuddles. He is sensing something is happening, seeing all our belongings go out the door especially his toys was confusing for him. The last night in our house was us, a mattress and a travel cot, so we all camped out in the living room and ate fish and chips on the floor and sat in front of the wood burner.

We are at hubby's parents now until Monday 16th February. My mother in law is not here though, she is staying with her daughter who just gave birth to her second child - Emilia Grayce (I think the spelling is right). Thank god they didn't go with the name we have on our short list if we should ever have a girl. It is the 3rd birth this week - Matilda Pip was the first and Hayden was born yesterday at 9 pounds 9 ounces.

I am looking forward to getting on Australian soil now but I wish it wasn't at the same time that Australia is experiencing it's worse distaster.

2 comments:

Katy said...

Not long now. Enjoy your last few days in England. xoxo

Amy said...

Gosh it is all happening. THe empty house thing is so strange isn't it! POor Oliver - must be very confusing.

Have a safe trip home xoxox