Sunday, 28 September 2008

We are Back

Spain was pretty good, wouldn't go back to that part though. It was South of Alicante but very remote and not a lot to do. Costa Del Sol is much much better. The weather was OK but gosh, Oliver's sleeping was the pits. I didn't feel rested when we left and was pleased to be returning home. I think Oliver was relieved as well as he slept quite well last night, for him. The only thing was, the stupid airline and luggage staff lost our car seat and pram. Thank god for neighbours who have a spare of each for their grand daughter so we can use that while they locate ours. I am actually really worried they won't track it down and have a feeling something iffy happened. Everyone's bulky luggage went missing and noone had any explanations which made everyone feel worried. I have checked our travel insurance and the pram won't be covered for the full amount but it should be covered under our home insurance as Alastair has already called them. I have been told that Ryan Air should cover it though - bloody budget airlines. Everything got to Australia and back alright so we never expected this to happen. Of all things to lose, the bloody car seat, they didn't care less how we were all going to get our children home. My father in law threatened them he would call the police and ask them how they suggest we get our children home but that didn't seem to bother them too much either. What a way to ruin our holiday.

We had news while we were away that we need to provide immigration with more information. It seems Alastair should be getting a permanent visa which would be brilliant news so I will get that information off to them this week.

Photos from Spain to follow.

1 comment:

Chantelle {fat mum slim} said...

Welcome back!

I hope they find your pram + car seat. How frustrating. x