Saturday, 5 May 2012

Happy 2nd Birthday Felix

What can I say about my little cheeky monkey.  It is have been a full on two years and I am sure it will keep on going.  You certainly keep me on my toes and I am grateful for the 2 hours that I get to myself while you are recharging your batteries at lunch time.  However, I do fear those days are nearing an end.

Suddenly you have started talking.  It just came out of nowhere and each and every day you are learning new words.  Sometimes people don't understand what you are saying, but I do.  You are a long way off saying sentences but you are doing so well.  You call yourself Felick and your brother is Oover.  So cute.  He is your best buddy too.  You are Oliver's shadow and you really miss him when he is at school.  Most of the time you play well together and you are getting better at it each day.  You can count to 10 and backwards from 10.  Actually, you could do that before you could say your brothers name.

You certainly think you can do everything that he does and get so cranky when I don't allow you to do something but you also get so chuffed with yourself when I allow you to do something even if you are assisted.

Eating is still a nightmare.  I hate dinner time in fact.  Most of the time you refuse to eat anything put on your plate if it is not bread or pasta.  It drives me slightly batty but I do try to let it slide and not worry.  Thankfully, you do eat a lot of fruit so I am pleased about that.  We did have a revelation this week and you ate some of my corn on the cob.

You are jumping, climbing, hopping and generally being a typical boy which I love.  The rougher the better and your happy.  Your one tough cookie that is for sure.  Always keeping me on my toes too, having many accidents.  Burning your toe on the hot plate on the stove {bad Mummy}, stabbing your foot on some wire in the backyard, getting your fingers stuck in the lift door {ouch}, losing you in the school grounds and then on the exact same day, running off on me onto a road.  Oh my, you are hard work but lovely hard work.

I look forward to many more years of being your Mummy.  Love you to the moon and back.  Happy 2nd Birthday Felix

xxxx

1 comment:

I am who I am said...

Happy birthday darling Felix!