Tuesday, 3 April 2012

Parent and Teacher Meeting




We had parent teacher night last week for Oliver.  I was going out of my mind with stress and worry.  I could see he was enjoying it, children saying hello and goodbye to him at pick up and drop off and he was enjoying learning and doing his homework.  All good things, right? 

But I was still going out of my mind with worry that the teacher would have negative things to say.  She was really impressed with how he was going and even showed us what he wrote that week in his writing book which said "Yesterday I went to a prte" and he wrote it all beautifully and sounded out party exactly like that.  It was so cute.  She was blown away and so was I.

All in all, he is middle of the range.  Being one of the youngest, we are happy with this.  Some of the children were 6 last year so they are quite a bit older and some already reading but that is OK because Oliver will be soon too.

As soon as Easter is over, I will be planning a 2 year old's party and then a 5 year olds party.  YAY

No comments: