It was Anzac Day. A beautiful sunshiney day. And it was hubby's birthday.
We were on holiday at my Mum and Dad's. While Sydney had lots of rain, we had lots of sun and fun. We were down at the beach every morning having fun and ice cream. Felix was enjoying himself. Oliver was having a ball. I was enjoying myself and hubby was having a blast.
Sandcastles, swimming, and ice cream was hot on the agenda every day for all of us. We were happy little family and then it all came tumbling down, kinda. Hubby realised his wedding ring had come off in sand or the water. He really does not know. It was time to head up for lunch and the tide was coming in so it was totally impossible to find it. He tried for a while but it was like finding a needle in a haystack as he really does not know when he lost it. He was shattered. I didn't realise how shattered he would be.
He lost a bit of weight when I was on the diet as well so he had noticed that his ring was a little lose {as is mine} so we were trying to be careful. But not careful enough.
A friend of mine suggested something beautiful to do. Throw my wedding ring in the ocean with his so they will be together but I couldn't bring myself to do it.
I think an insurance claim is in order now but until he finds a replacement, he is a single man and completely lost.
Things could be much worse so we won't cry over spilt milk.
2 comments:
oh no. When we lived in Perth Luigi lost his wedding ring off the wharf when he was working. We thought he would never find it but one of his friends {a diver} went digging and found it. It was a miracle.
I hope he finds a suitable replacement.
Oh no! I remember when I was young, my dad lost his wedding ring on the train tracks one cold morning. He jumped straight onto the tracks to retrieve it, not even stopping to look to see if a train was coming. Funny how a piece of jewellery can have SO much significance and can cause so much sadness when it's lost. Hope he finds a replacement ring! xx
Post a Comment