
Today is my first day on my own as a mother of two. I am sitting here with unmade beds, washing up piled in the sink, washing needing to be done, toys everywhere, dirty nappies needing to be thrown outside, a 3 year old toddler with a cold running around and a newborn baby with a cold who won't sleep anywhere but with me and soon I will have a husband home from work demanding his dinner. How the hell am I going to cope? How the hell are all of us going to cope?
Breathe. Relax. Enjoy. That is what everyone keeps telling me. There is light at the end of the tunnel, they keep telling me. But I just can't see it yet.
I am wishing my children't life away, looking forward to the day they are old enough to not need the boob and I know I shouldn't as before I know it, my two boys will be off galavanting around the globe with their girlfriends and I will be worrying about them 24/7.
So now you ask why the hell did she become a mother. Believe me, sometimes I ask myself this question too. Several times a day. I do love it though, it is the best job ever. I am just adjusting to my new job promotion as a mother of two and not one anymore. I will get there, I am sure. In about 20 years or so.
6 comments:
I remember that 1st day, it was hard.
Hang in there, you are doing a brilliant job.
Wishing your boys a speedy recovery too.
xx
I'm sure you are doing a great job! I remember uttering the very same words!! It's still hard, but easier hard....
Take care and hope everyone is health soon! xo
Hang in there.
Hope you are all feeling better soon.
Hopefully one day soon you will be laughing about today.
xx
I completely understand Simone!
Simone, I am thinking of you. I can't imagine what it would be like with two but you did it with Oliver and you can do it with Felix. You're a wonderful mum :)
You'll look back on this post in a year, and realised you blitzed it!! Don't worry about the small stuff. Toast can be dinner - that your husband is more than capable of making!!
(HUG)
Post a Comment