Tuesday, 6 July 2010

50 Things I didn't know before I became a Mother


  1. How much feeding such a small baby will need in the early months.

  2. That babies are very very big and they have to come out. Someway.

  3. A baby is very dependent on you for a very long time.

  4. I love you Mummy are the loveliest words a Mummy can here.

  5. A haircut wasn't going to happen for a while.

  6. I have said good bye to a tidy place.

  7. Babies accumulate lots of things. Toddlers have more.

  8. My car is no longer big enough and will never be mess free again.

  9. Time to yourself is non existent

  10. You get lots and lots of kisses

  11. Even at 3 years old, they don't sleep through the night every night

  12. The first smile is the best feeling in the whole world.

  13. Routine. What's a routine? I didn't know babies needed a routine.

  14. They don't always sleep.

  15. Babies may every now & again pewk (or wee), all over you so always carry a spare top.

  16. They cry. ALOT.

  17. You watch the clock. All the time.

  18. It is so hard to get a burp up from a baby but so easy as an adult

  19. You get lots of presents after your first. You get nothing for your second.

  20. They don't sleep as much as I had hoped.

  21. They might say Dadda first but they always want their Mumma when they want a cuddle.

  22. 3 year old boys eat a lot.

  23. 9 week old boys poo and wee a lot.

  24. Boys are so much fun to have but who am I going to go wedding dress shopping with?

  25. Temper tantrums are so not fun.

  26. The time between 5pm and 7pm is chaotic.

  27. Envelope {envelem} is a hard word to say

  28. Alcohol free days are pretty much every night.

  29. I will only ever read penguin books ever again and nothing more.

  30. Sleep ins are gone. Forever.

  31. I will be talking about schools, nappies and toys rather then movies, food and shopping.

  32. I am a good drawer. Well so a 3 year old thinks.

  33. I am a good singer according to a 3 year old.

  34. I know all about tractors and diggers.

  35. Children retain so much information

  36. 3 year olds can't keep secrets. No birthday, Christmas or fathers day will ever be the same

  37. 3 year olds like to dob on Daddy for eating sweets in the car that Mummy didn't know

  38. 5 hours of sleep for a young baby is a good stretch of sleep.

  39. That I was going to be sleep deprived for many years to come.
  40. Getting ready to go out somewhere is an effort.
  41. It takes a long time to go anywhere.
  42. That a child will be in nappies for about 3 years. That's a lot of nappy changes.
  43. 3 year olds are great helpers
  44. 3 year olds can be not good helpers
  45. I would no longer have time left to blow dry my hair, clean my face or moisturise my skin
  46. I can clean the house 20 billion times a day and it will never be clean.
  47. A newborn baby and a 3 year old create lots of washing.
  48. Boys are fantastic.
  49. 4 in a queen size bed is squashy but cuddly.
  50. Motherhood is so rewarding and I love it.
This was Challenge 50 from Blog This

2 comments:

Leila said...

I learnt a lot from this list! Great post.

Anonymous said...

Can so relate! Thanks for the read Simone.