Thursday, 18 February 2010

12 Months Ago

Exactly 12 months ago we had packed up our life into suitcases {and a big container}, said goodbye to lots of family and friends and travelled over 12,000 kms to live closer to my family. What a huge risk it was. To leave our house, our jobs, our life. With such little money. The visa applications for hubby, the airline tickets, the transport costs to move everyone and everything over legally cost us a small fortune. Most of our savings actually. So if we didn't get jobs quick smart, we were in trouble. Or my sisters who we were living with, were in trouble!

Luckily for us, Alastair got a job 2 days after we arrived and he is doing so brilliantly. He enjoys it too which is a bonus. It took us a while to adjust to the hustle and bustle of life in a city again. I was so used to my laid back country village which I still miss but we are so much better off living here and it seems we are all enjoying it.

I wouldn't change it for anything. Though I do wish we could have moved our house over here.

Life is good.

4 comments:

Kellyansapansa said...

Wow, that's such a massive thing to do. Glad it's working out well for you!

Chantelle {fat mum slim} said...

12 months? Are you serious? That's gone fast.

I'm glad you've settled in. xx

Anonymous said...

Well done the Goffs!

We did a smaller version of what you did but I understand the risk factor. Change is a scary thing but you've given me hope.

It sounds like Aussie life suits you all to a tea x

Amy said...

Wow that time has flown!!

Its a huge thing isnt - we only moved 1000kms but it was still expensive and big decision :)

So glad things are good
xoxo