Wednesday, 22 April 2009

Terrible Twos?

Oliver: Where's Daddy?
Me: He's gone to work. Remember you waved goodbye to him?

Oliver: Yes. *pause* Where's Daddy?
Me: He has gone to work today because it is Tuesday, a work day.

Oliver: Tuesday, mmmmm. *pause* but where's Daddy gone?
Me: I just told you, he has gone to work today.

Oliver: but where is Daddy?
Me: Do you remember seeing Daddy in his shirt and tie? That means he was going to work

Oliver: Where's Daddy gone?
Me: He has gone to work today, you are stuck with me all day.

Oliver: Where's Daddy?
Me: I just told you, where did I tell you Daddy had gone?

Oliver: Work. *pause* but where is Daddy?
Me: You just told me he went to work and you were right, he has gone to work

Oliver: Yes, work. *pause* but where is Daddy?
Me: he has gone to work today Oliver. What do you want to do today?

Oliver: Where is Daddy gone?

(repeat about 20 more times)

Arrrrrggggghhhhhh

5 comments:

Penelope said...

You're better than me. I walk away after being asked twice and ignore them!!!

Danielle said...

oh dear. Joss is very talkative too. you wish they would start to speak and then you wish they would shut up.

Anonymous said...

That is so funny. I know I have all of this to look forward to. My niece always asks me 'why?'.

When I said to her 'why do you always ask me why?' she said 'stop being annoying Jo-Jo'.

Gotta love them eh?

Seeker said...

I think he wanted to know where is dad's work, the place. :D

xoxo

Katy said...

Oh a gag would be good sometimes, wouldn't it?! Maybe go and visit Daddy.. LOL and show him!