Most of you know we didn't sell our place in the UK as the property market has gone down so much. We decided to rent the property out for 6 months and hope that property might start to rise. Well, I wanted to sell it and still wish we had.
Over the weekend, I received an alarming email from our old next door neighbours informing me of an incident that had occurred in our home. I also had a facebook message from my friend who lives a couple of doors up from where we lived and a text message from a friend who drove passed.
It was alarming enough that the police were involved, had to break the door in to get inside and then inform our estate agent. I was quickly on the phone to our managing agents insisting they get their butts around there quick smart to inspect the property and insure there was no structural damage.
Apparently the renters had a fight. He broke all his girlfriends personal possessions and then threw them all out onto the street along with all her clothes and other belongings. The main road in to town. Can you believe it? What people have we got living in our house? He has his own professional business and I thought they would be reliable tennants.
Thank god there was no damage to the house. He promises to still pay the rent (now on his own) and says it will never happen again. He wrote the neighbours an apology letter and also the estate agent. I just hope it never happens again otherwise I will be insisting we sell it. Pronto.
Talk about airing their dirty laundry. Quite literally.
4 comments:
OMG Simone no wonder you where freaked out! Let's hope that he is now on his best behaviour
Oh Shit Simmone. What horriable news for you to come home to after the weekend.
Were renting our house out in Brisbane and even though it's family I still stress that something terriable will go wrong. I hope he behaves and there's no more fuss. He doesn't sound like much of a gentlemen.
Oh. My. God.
That's movie worthy.
He better be good from now on. Naughty man.
oh not cool :( not the sort of stress you need.
Post a Comment