Sunday, 20 July 2008

Dual Citizen

Our little monkey is now a dual citizen. Step 1, of the operation move home can be ticked off as we received Oliver's Australian citizenship certificate in the post. We have to now get his Australian passport which we will do when Aunty Ging gets here on Friday. Also, another big achievement for the week is that our kitchen has been fitted. We still are yet to paint, tile and get the floor done but at least the upheavel of the whole house is out of the way. I must say, it looks fantastic and we now have a dishwasher!! I have to take some photos but as soon as I do, I will be sure to show you them so watch this space.

I was counting on my fingers yesterday working out how long until we move to Australia and it is now less then 6 months. OK, granted, we haven't got a ticket booked or anything but it will be soon after Christmas and no later then the end of January.

Big news on this side of the pond and in Alastair's family is that his sister is pregnant with her 2nd child. She had her first at 39 and now she is 42 so that is wonderful news. My MIL went to a psychic recently, and she was told that there was a little girl on the way very soon and in the future, there will be 2 more boys and I am having one of those possibly both..... so watch this space hey? I hope I do have another child. At the moment I can't see that happening as we are struggling so much, the economic climate and the renovations has eaten at our savings and now we are living on the line. Thank god for the move to Australia, hopefully we can earn more money and have a better lifestyle. I have noticed the cost of living has increased dramatically here and it is not easy.

Jayne is due in February so that will keep Alastair's mother from missing us too much. She will be welcoming her new grand child into the world. I am a bit worried that they will take our girl's name though as when we were discussing names, we told them our girl's choice and Jayne said she liked that too.... so I hope she doesn't steal it from us because I have my heart set on it. But if the psychic is right, I might not get a girl. And if I do have two more boys, how in the world will Alastair and I agree on two more boys names. It was hard enough the first time round.

Better get back to the housework while the boys are out.

No comments: