Saturday, 5 July 2008

All Systems Go

Well it has been a while since I wrote. I haven't been in the mood. So many things have gone wrong for us this month and I wish I could have curled up and fallen asleep through it all. Anyway, it is onwards and upwards for us, it can only get better, right? So to make sure it can only get better, we have started back on the house renovations. We have saved the hardest and most expensive for last.... the kitchen and downstairs bathroom! But once this is done, we will have it all ready to rent out when we move back to Australia. As the housing market is crashing here, we would be silly to sell as we wouldn't recover the money we have spent on it.

Next week I am sending off an application for Oliver to become an Australian citizen and then we can get him his Aussie passport. Once we have done this, Alastair will then apply for his spouse visa with the plan to have it all done and approved for the big move in January. I still worry every night that something will happen and we won't move. Oliver and I will miss some of the lovely Mummies and babies we have met but the UK is not home for me and never will be.

I went back to work 2 weeks ago. Only one day a week and it was horrible. I am sure it will get better though! I hope. We won't be putting Oliver into care until mid August so hopefully I will be ready by then. Right now, he is being shared between Alastair, his grand ma and my sister who will be visiting in August.

The other news and most exciting news is that I have a walker!! He started taking his first steps at 12.5 months but now he wants to practice all the time and he is getting much better now and prefers to walk then be carried or in his push chair.

Here is a photo, he is so proud of himself.


Next time I post, hopefully I will be showing up a before and after shot of our kitchen.

1 comment:

Penelope said...

What the hell's a push chair? You have definitely been in the UK too long missy!!!!