Thursday, 2 February 2012
First Day of School
I had a case of first day of school jitters on Monday. I was a nervous wreck. I was forgetting things and losing my mind quite a bit and for those that know me, they might say that is nothing unusual. By lunch time I rand my best friend crying. Oliver was awfully quiet that day and I was worried he was worried. He wasn't. So he says. That night, the eve of his first day, I wasn't expecting him to sleep very well but he slept soundly and had a great breakfast.
I wasn't quite expecting him to then blurt out, "can we hurry up and get ready for school now Mummy?" so off to school we both went. Me with my sunnies on trying to hide the tears streaming down my eyes. He went off so well and has done everyday since. I am streaming with proudness right now and everyday when I pick him up, he has a lot to tell me. I hope this willingness to go to school will continue.
Felix and I came home from dropping him off and we were both a bit lost. Usually when I put Felix down for a nap, I make lunch for Oliver and I. I got all teary as I only had lunch for me to make. I cried a few times that day. My man is growing up.
I am super happy with his teacher and there is a good mix of boys and girls. With just a few more boys so that is nice. He also has the one and only familiar face from pre school in his class as well.
Yesterday he came home and was able to tell me how to spell red!!! Red of all words. Not the or and but red! He was pretty disappointed to not get any homework and the ding a ling a ling ding a ling a ling of the school bell kept interrupting him. He even got a graze on his knee.
I have never been more proud of my man.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You've done well mumma, its a big week for them and us!
Awww good on you Oliver and good on you too Simone.
Am I the only one that couldn't wait for their child to go to school and wasn't really that sad at all?!
Clever boy! It's such a milestone and such an exciting event to be going off to school. Glad he enjoyed it. x
Awwww.... what a special milestone! Miss J started last week also. I had such mixed feelings also.
What a clever boy - spelling red. Sounds like he's jumped right in there with no looking back.
I wonder how long that love of learning new things will last? I hope it's a whole life time!
Post a Comment