Friday, 13 January 2012

Quote of the Week


My big boy starts school at the end of this month and after going out shopping this morning for school shoes and sports shoes he came home and we had this conversation:

Oliver:  Mummy what sport will I play at school?
Me: You will probably do a bit of everything.  A bit of tennis, a bit of soccer, swimming etc
Oliver:  what sport was it that Daddy said I would have to move to England if I played well?
Me:  Oh Soccer?
Oliver:  Yeah.  I don't want to play that.
Me:  Oh why not?
Oliver:  Because I don't want to move to England
Me:  Oh Daddy was only joking.  He only meant you would have to move to England if you wanted to play soccer as a job because you can earn good money.  But you can earn good money in Australia as well playing it.  Also, you could play soccer for fun and not to make a living.  That is OK too.
Oliver:  Oh OK.  Well, I might play it then.


PS  How cute does he look in his school uniform?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

He looks so grown up it's hard to believe they have grown so quickly. Lucky his school uniform is such nice colours - no white shirts to try and keep clean.