Monday, 17 October 2011

Sleeping 4 weeks on

It's been 4 weeks since I had that horrible car trip to Tresillian with tears running down my cheeks worrying if I was doing the right thing.  I remember driving there and looking behind me at my two little boys.  One who knew where we were going and was very excited as Daddy was taking him to Luna Park as soon as he had dropped us off.  The other, had no idea and seemed happy enough.  At the time!

All my worrying was for no reason.  Things are going really well and in fact, we could have probably not gone there in the first place but we needed that initial help.  Hubby puts Felix to bed now and gets up to him if he wakes at all.  Sometimes, we are lucky and he puts himself back to sleep.  Sometimes, he sleeps through but wakes around 5.30am and won't go back to sleep and some nights we have shockers.  Every night is not a shocker though and he still has not fed overnight so that in itself is a great achievement.  He also puts himself to sleep.  Sometimes he does need encouragement but it is so so much better then he ever was.  I can see light at the end of the tunnel now and  I am so proud of my little man.

I am so pleased we went to sleep school as I think we would still be doing what we are doing.  Learning to sleep is a life skill so we are finally on the right track for helping Felix with this. 

I would go to Tresillian in a heart beat and I wouldn't wait so long next time {if there was a next time}

No comments: