Friday, 16 September 2011

Sleep School


For the last 16.5 months we have struggled with sleep in our house from Master Felix.  God love him.  I just thank my lucky stars he is so cute.  In fact, sleep seems to be getting worse.  Since last time I wrote, he has slept through the night again so I think that comes to 5 times in whole entire life.  The other 500 and something times, he has made his way to my bed and some point in the night.  I am tired.  I am sore and I want myside of the bed back.

I asked for help from the professionals.  It's taken 6 months to get it.  I have been so patient and counting down the days and now my time has finally come.  I go to Tresillian on Monday.  Now I am scared.  I hope my little man can cope with it.  I love him to bits and I love the cuddles but I would prefer them at a more appropriate time.  Not at 4am like it was last night for 1.5 hours.

If I put him in the cot.  He goes berserk.  If I leave the room.  He gets even more upset.  So we still do the rocking and patting thing.  I think he has self settled 5 times in his life.  Probably my fault just as much as his but now we are both in a bad habit and we need to get out of it.  I can't blame reflux and wind anymore, can I?
Please wish us both luck and be thinking of us next week.  We are there from Monday to Friday.  I hope my big boy can cope without me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck Simone. Not getting enoug sleep is horrendous. I am sure he wil l be a star!

Amy said...

Wishing you all the best xoxo