Today is your birthday. Your 4th birthday. I can not believe it. You are growing into such a good big brother to your brother. He adores you and understandably so. Although you take things from him, you do look out for him. You worry when he gets too close to something that he shouldn't and do something that he shouldn't. I hope you keep doing well at your big brother duties. Becoming a big brother did not really faze you too much. You weren't put out and were very patient when Mummy had to feed or help him get to sleep.
You had to grow up a lot and learnt to become a little bit independent. You toilet trained around 3, you learnt to dress yourself and discovered how good tv was. You never used to watch it but now you certainly make up for it. Your favourite shows are Chuggington, Roary racing car, Play School, Thomas the Tank Engine and the most recently discovered shows The Octonauts and Peppa Pig. You will watch TV in any position other then sitting on the lounge.
You are doing well at school. You started going 2 days a week not long after you turned 3 and it was great for you. You absolutely adore your teachers and they seem to adore you. They have only nice things to say about you and that is lovely to see. You love learning. You have learnt to spell your name and write it. You have learnt to count to 40 something {even though you used to leave out 15 but now you have it sorted}.
Art and craft is what you love doing as well. You can't get enough of it. I am not allowed to throw any boxes, paper, toilet rolls out in your presence as you get cross with me. So when your at school, I de clutter. You definitely take after your father. You started to learn to do proper drawings and this one is one of your first ever drawings {it's a boat}. You also did rainbows and trucks and have now moved on to people.Your very inquisitive and ask lots of questions and your not happy until you get the right answer. God help me with your homework please. Your always learning and wanting to learn more. You love reading and are starting to recognise letters and numbers.
You stopped having your day sleep when you hit 3. You could have stopped earlier only I was heavily pregnant and tired so I often needed to have my little day time sleep so you had to have one. Which of course meant, you didn't go to sleep until 10 o clock sometimes but it suited me.
Now, your in bed at 7.30 and you sleep sometimes on a good day until 6.30. I wish it was earlier but hey I can't complain. You use to require a lot of help to get to sleep and now you need none and you only ever wake if your ill or had a bad dream. Just recently, you woke crying and calling out to Mummy and since I was already awake feeding your brother, I heard you say "i wanted that Postman Pat". So when I went into you, I asked what happened to Postman Pat. In your bad dream, I had deleted all your favourite shows an Postman Pat was one of them. Such a bad dream, wasn't it?
You love to cook. I can't do anything in the kitchen without you looking over my shoulder and helping me out. I hope you keep it up and want to keep cooking when your older. Dancing is another thing you love to do. You really know how to wiggle those hips, you really enjoy it too.
You are generally a happy little guy and pretty well mannered most of the time. You are definitely starting to come out of your shell and enjoy role playing at the moment. I love you to death my little man. My two boys make me so happy.
Happy Birthday Oliver. I love you so much. Enjoy your day with you little family of 4.
1 comment:
my best friend in the universe has a son called felix, so every other felix i see i instantly adore!
Post a Comment