Wednesday, 10 June 2009

A Moving House Update

Some people have been so kind to enquire about how our move went. It was a crazy time. I had my parents here when the furniture from the UK arrived which was really handy as they could help look after Oliver while I sorted out the stuff and make sure it was all in one piece.

Unfortunately our Royal Worcester dinner set did not make it all in one piece. Actually, some of it didn't even make it. Some how there are 3 tea cups which did not even turn up and there other pieces that have been cracked and chipped. Thank god for shipping insurance but sadly, it was a discontinued line and Royal Worcester is no longer being made anymore either.

Everything else made it in one piece, thank god.

I was on my own when our other things from 6 years in storage arrived. Gosh, it seems like a lifetime ago I had seen all these things. It certainly bought back alot of memories. Why oh why did I choose to store a lot of it though! Usually I am throw everything out, I hate hoarding. So why did I choose to store plastic flowers and cane baskets?

Everything has a home in the house (or in the bin), it is clean but it is still not looking like a home. I am waiting for my ever busy husband to find some time to do a few things around the house like hang the pictures and put up some shelving.

We still don't have the internet, we have crappy television reception and no phone connected. I am at my sisters trying to get all these things sorted but instead, I am updating my blog!! So off I run now to order a brand spanking new laptop, organise to get the phone connected, and try to make a decision about foxtel.

PS someone in America asked what foxtel is. It's pay tv, sky equivalent here in Australia.

2 comments:

Chantelle {fat mum slim} said...

I love my Foxtel... so I say get it.

That was a nice little update.

I tagged you on my blog: http://fatmumslim.blogspot.com/2009/06/favourite-photo-tag.html

Gabrielle said...

Ah the stuff in storage! We moved from Canberra to Adelaide last July, we frantically packed everything and it went to storage while we looked for somewhere to live. Well, we're still living with my parents while we build and we'll be here for at least another 6 months. I shudder to think of what we put in storage... I am pretty sure the sauces from the pantry are even in there - ewwwww! I can imagine what it would be like after 6 years! I guess you just have to be ruthless.