Monday, 30 March 2009

Happy Birthday Aunty Diz

It's Oliver's Aunty Diz's birthday today so on the weekend we had a little celebration at the park. Oliver and I had the duty of baking a cake. I am generally a pretty good cook and make a lot of nice meals from scratch but I am not a great cook and I can't remember the last time I cooked a cake, if at all. Yep, that's right, I am not sure if I have ever made a cake from scratch.

So it was a huge test but the results were fantastic. It was a hit and Oliver particularly loved the candle blowing. April is a busy birthday month for our family so by the time we hit his 2nd birthday in May, he will definitely do a good job of trying to blow the candles out.

This is what the cake looked like for the adults.


And here it is for Oliver's benefit.


No comments: